Strata Biomechanics Presents
Exploration of the Phenomenon, Physiology,
Research and Utility in Practice
Instructor: Brandon Green
• To explore Post-Activation Potentiation and how we are already unknowingly eliciting the response with current warm-up/preparation procedures
• To gain insight into short-term and long-term mechanisms associated with Post-Activation Potentiation
• To discuss strategies aimed at preparing skeletal muscles for an acute Post-Activation Potentiation response which may enhance the opportunity for chronic adaptations
• To examine Post-Activation Potentiation as Exercise Scientists
• To experiment with different approaches that will prepare skeletal muscles for exercise
Empower participants to explore Post-Activation Potentiation as warm-up/preparation strategy prior to exercise/challenge
Empower participants to explore Post-Activation Potentiation as an exercise
• Post-Activation Potentiation may be a neuromuscular mechanism that we, as personal trainers, might be unknowingly utilizing. What might we classify as a benefit?
• Post-Activation Potentiation may be an efficient and safe mechanism to prepare an individual for exercise by increasing skeletal muscle force development, rate of force development and sensitivity, and thus may increase active range of motion and passive range of motion.
• Post-Activation Potentiation adaptations may be conditioned from a short-term acute response to a long-term chronic response.
• Post-Activation Potentiation may be effective to assist in the process of maintaining and improving skeletal muscle.
Course Schedule - ONLINE
June 13th, 8:30am - 3pm EST
Strata Internal Performance Center
17705 Leslie St. Unit 16
Cost: $400 CND (Sign up now for 300 CND)